Theologica Wratislaviensia is the academic journal of EST and has been published once a year beginning in 2006. This journal offers an educational supplement at EST with the aim of creating an academic platform for exchanging ideas among researchers of various topics. The writings may be theological, philosophical, historical and philological, as well as the popularization of scientific and educational achievements of faculty and associates of EST. This mainstream EST publication constitutes the scientific journal Theologica Wratislaviensia (ISSN 1734-4182), which is created by a series of monographs.
During the academic year 2011-2012, the academic journal of EST Theologica Wratislaviensia was successfully included on the official ranking list of qualified scientific journals overseen by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education. Next, EST is seeking to move up the position of the journal on the ranking list by implementing specific ministerial requirements (such as independent peer reviews, implementing online version, etc.).
List of Theologica Wratislaviensia published to date:
[Note: The overview (Dear Reader) and titles of the journals have been translated from Polish.]
We present you with the EST journal, Theologica Wratislaviensia. It is a scientific journal, which aims to reflect on issues that are important and provoke debate primarily in contemporary theological thought. This journal is ecumenical in nature just like the school. The statements in the journal are from invited theologians, philosophers, linguists and teachers of various trends and provenance. We hope that in this way we can create an environment of open and honest dialogue, polemics, going beyond dogmatic individual religious traditions. Such a dialogue, it seems, is much needed in our country (Poland), especially in the broader theological thought.
The Theologica Wratislaviensia is published in Polish (except for 2012 Volume VII) and the following issues can be found on the Polish website (http://theologica.ewst.pl) under Biblioteka (translated Library).
- 2006 (Volume I): Text and Interpretation – Edited by Dr. Jacek T. Zielinski.
- 2007 (Volume II): Problem Times, Signs of the Times – Editor in Chief, Dr. Wojciech Szczerba; Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Dr. Jacek T. Zielinski; Secretary, Dr. Piotr Lorek.
- 2008 (Volume III): The Horizon – Afterlife – Articles from the perspective of religion and philosophy.
- 2009 (Volume IV): Is Hell is Empty? – Edited by Dr. Jacek T. Zielinski.
- 2010 (Volume V): Dietrich Bonhoeffer – Edited by Dr. Joel Burnell and Dr. Piotr Lorek.
- 2011 (Volume VI): Biblical Perspectives – Edited by Dr. Slawomir Torbus.
- 2012 (Volume VII): Jonathan Edwards (in English) – Edited by Dr. Joel Burnell. This volume contains materials from the International Jonathan Edwards Conference hosted by EST (The Jonathan Edwards Center – Poland) in 2011. Please visit website for this volume.
If you have any questions please contact: