Warm greetings from the Evangelical School of Theology Educational Center in Wroclaw, Poland. As we come to the end of the first semester, we are thankful for God’s guidance and blessings as he led us over the past months.
Below is a summary of events and activities during the first semester:
- September 21, 2016, Academy of Third Age (ATA). EST held a one day scientific conference, dinner and theater performance for seniors. Participants included speakers, seniors, academics and students of universities of the Third Age, who were given the opportunity to become acquainted with the results of current research in the field of social gerontology and to learn about various activities from the seniors themselves. It was the first time that EST EC coordinated a conference like this for seniors.
- October 1, 2016: Inauguration of the 2016-2017 academic year was attended by new and returning students in the BA program in the participants the the ATA, Pastors, city officials and guests. A member of the Polish parliament was the main speaker.
- October 2016 is the present: Institute of Church Development (ICD) . We’re encouraged to see how ICD Continues to develop the training and teaching Pastors / church leaders in Wroclaw and Pabianice (near Lodz). The visits to the Church Pabianice include workshops for leaders on teamwork and communication. Also, there are lectures and workshops on how to read and study the Bible.
- October 27, 2016 VII Days of Reformation at EST included a gospel concert, combined with lectures by faculty EST on one of the themes of the Protestant Reformation, „Sola Scriptura.” Events are being planned to celebrate the 500 anniversary of the Protestant Reformation and Wroclaw is one of two cities in Poland where some of the events will take place.
- January 23, 2017: Week of Prayer for Unity of Christians . EST hosted a meeting during the annual Week of Prayer. This year the theme for the entire week was „Reconciliation – the love of Christ compels us” from 2 Corinthians 5: 14-20. The meeting at EST once again reflected on relationships with other people – „my neighbor”. The speakers during the evening were a leading doctor in Poland specializing in children’s oncology and member of the Polish Parliament fighting for the rights of disabled people in Poland, and the head of the Ukrainian minority (approximately 50,000) in Wroclaw and Lower Silesia.
During the second semester, please pray for classes in the BA program, meetings with seniors, ICD training / teaching in churches, and the Following activities:
- February to June 2017 School of Worship connected with ICD. This is a new program of five sessions That has been planned for people who lead worship. There will be practical workshops and also lectures on the analysis of spiritual worship. The main coordinator is a graduate of the Music Academy in Wroclaw and a vocalist with education and experience. She is also the worship leader at the Christian Fellowship in Wroclaw. Lecturers include EST faculty and pastors.
- May 2017: Festival of Protestant Culture. EST will cooperate with churches and the City of Wroclaw for the 500 anniversary of the Protestant Reformation. During the Festival, a group from White Memorial Presbyterian Church (Raleigh, NC) will visit and attend EST Reformation events in Wroclaw and in Germany. More details to follow regarding the activities and events that are planned for the May celebrations.
- EST faculty and leaders will continue to visit churches in Poland to learn more about the needs of the churches, how it encourage them, to preach and talk about studying at EST.
Please pray for the EST Educational Center as the leadership team, faculty, and administrative staff seek to fulfill its mission „to equip Christians for effective ministry to Strengthen the evangelical movement in Poland.” If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Blessings in our Lord,
Dr. Wojciech Szczerba, Rector firstname.lastname@example.org
Marek Kucharski, Chancellor email@example.com