The Academy of Third Age (ATA) is a program that has existed since 2009 and developed into a ministry that EST hopes will continue to be meaningful and meet the needs of older men and women in Wroclaw. Many of them need spiritual and practical encouragement to strengthen their faith, knowledge and service training that they can offer to others around them – family members, friends, neighbors, individuals in their churches and community. This project helps the participants to reflect on their own spiritual development, encourages them to work through their own experiences, and to confront their own beliefs and struggles.
ATA provides meetings, trips, workshops, lectures and events that are held once or twice a month. Included in these activities are:
- Bible based talks and visits to Protestant churches or visits to Protestant sites in Wroclaw.
- Workshops that involve a variety of crafts and communication skills helping in self-development and ministry – decoupage, seasonal decorations, interpersonal and assertive communication, etc.
- Lectures, workshops, discussions and trips about other religions, cultures and influences that are cultural and diverse in the Old and New Testaments.
- English and German language courses and techniques for learning foreign languages.
- Promoting volunteerism by participating in projects that involve fundraising, charity concerts, events for raising awareness and promoting the specific need.
- Involvement with others by supporting poor or sick neighbors and those who are excluded or on the outside of society/community.
The Academy of Third Age (ATA) has strengthened the evangelical unity of Wroclaw churches that chose to cooperate and be a part of this program. It inspires new solutions of working and serving among older people (such as the ministry for older people that developed in a church in Wroclaw). By working with older people who are retired, EST has the possibility to broaden their spiritual horizons by creating an environment for them to get to know Christians from other churches and denominations.
[Not a valid template]